7.23.2012

Recap and a Recipe.

I am returning from a whirlwind CrossFit Games vacation in Los Angeles, CA...and I can truly say that I feel re-inspired and thankful for the experience.  It's amazing how much you can learn from watching others compete and test the limits of fitness.  I hope to return to Carson, CA next year for another round of The CrossFit Games...and one day maybe I'll join those in the Masters Division...you never know!


I have included my most recent savory recipe below...and I must say that it's one of my favorites so far! Feel free to use, share, tweak, as you wish - but I ask that you give the original credit to me and this blogging adventure.  Thanks in advance for the love and happy cooking!


Honey Chipotle Paleo Pork Chops:


Ingredients:


2-4 Pork Chops (I get mine from Windy Hill Farms)
1 can chipotle peppers in sauce (or 6-8 oz. of chipotle salsa)
1/2 cup raw honey
1-2 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Salt
Pepper


Method:


1.  Allow meat* to come close to room temperature by leaving out of the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
2.  In the meantime, prepare the marinade by mixing all of the other ingredients in a bowl large enough to hold the marinade and the pork chops (I use a medium size mixing bowl).
3.  Once the marinade is combined, transfer the meat to the bowl and allow to marinate for about an hour.  As with most marinades, the longer you leave the meat in the mixture, the more saturated the flavor will become.
4.  After the meat has had a chance to marinate, prepare a cast-iron skillet with coconut oil or grass-fed butter, usually 2-3 Tbsp. is plenty.
5.  Cook the pork chops two at a time, searing both sides of the meat and then letting them cook for about 4-5 minutes.  Allow the meat to rest for about 5 minutes before serving, to give the juices a chance to redistribute.
6.  Serve with a side of steamed broccoli, baked sweet potatoes, salad, or a favorite Paleo side dish of your choice! 


*I used pork chops for this recipe, but I am certain that chicken or fish would also work well with these flavor combinations!


Happy Eating!
Christina



No comments:

Post a Comment