6.25.2012

Probiotics.

I have recently been reading a lot about the Weston A. Price Foundation and the whole foods diet that is often linked to his findings and his dietary lifestyle recommendations.  One of the most common topics is probiotics, specifically those found in fermented foods.  I also follow Diane Sanfilippo, from Balanced Bites, on a regular basis...and she posted a recipe for homemade sauerkraut a few months back.  Realizing I need to add more probiotics into my own personal diet, I jumped on her recipe post and created some of my own sauerkraut just yesterday.  It takes a couple of weeks to complete the fermentation process, and could potentially be a failed attempt (I hope not), but I will post pictures once I am able to upload take a few to upload.


In the meantime, if you're interested in the impact that fermented foods can have on your diet please see this bit of information.  Or, perhaps you already know about fermentation and probiotics and need a great recipe; you can find that on the Balanced Bites blog post.


Until then...go make something sweet and savory...preferrably Paleo!

No comments:

Post a Comment