6.14.2012

Coconut Mania.

co·co·nut/ˈkōkəˌnət/

Noun:
  1. The large, oval, brown seed of a tropical palm, consisting of a hard shell lined with edible white flesh and containing a clear liquid.
  2. The flesh of a coconut, esp. when used as food


It's the basis of my new logo*.  It yields so many delicious elements of my current meals...coconut water, coconut juice, coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut chips, and my absolute favorite...coconut manna.  Who knew that one simple, slightly awkward-looking food could house so many healthy, hidden gems!

I have a friend who doesn't like coconut very much.  To be honest, I don't know that I loved it at first either.  However, over the past year I have truly grown to love my coconut sources.  In fact, I cannot imagine living without this revelation.  I am eagerly awaiting a package from Tropical Traditions and the box will be filled with lots of coconut goodness.

As for my current obsession over everything coconut...it's one step closer to incorporating the appropriate good fats into my diet.  I was afraid of fat for so long.  Mostly because the Standard American Diet (SAD) has done a wonderful job of convincing the general public that saturated fats are bad for us, but all fats are not created equal.  In the event you're curious about this last statement, please feel free to consult the various sources listed below:



www.thepaleodiet.com
www.balancedbites.com
www.paleoparents.com
www.tropicaltraditions.com
www.mercola.com
www.nutiva.com


Seriously though...the list goes on and on.  My hope is that you'll be enlightened by the information above and run out to your nearest grocery store to purchase some coconut products!  If you're not fond of coconut then buy the oil...it's nearly tasteless and is a great starter for stir fry or grilling meats.  I'm not a doctor...or a nutritionist, and I receive nothing but joy from sharing this news...I love coconut oil that much.


As for my cooking, baking, and Paleo treats...well, I couldn't do it without the coconut.


(Definition courtesy of Google)


*Interested in my other sites?  Check out Classic Confections (classic and gluten-free/Paleo baking) and Vibrant Photography (photography fun).



No comments:

Post a Comment